Five KC Old Boys will be awarded national honours by the government of Jamaica in 2016. The awards are usually present during a ceremony held in October each year.
Order of Jamaica
- Ambassador Anthony Johnson for Distinguished National Service in the Public and Private Sectors and for his contribution to the Jamaican Foreign Service.
Order of Distinction (Commander)
- Errol Charles Alberga, Jr. for architecture
- Dr. Donovan Calder for Outstanding Service in the fields of Ophthalmology and Research
- Basil B. Watson for Outstanding Contribution in the field of Jamaican Art
Order of Distinction (Officer)
- The late Gary Wayne Spaulding for Journalism
The Order of Jamaica (OJ) may be conferred upon any Jamaican citizen of outstanding distinction or upon any distinguished citizen of a country other than Jamaica (honorary member). A member of the Order is styled “Honourable” and the motto of the Order is “For a covenant of the People”.
The honour of the Order may be conferred upon any citizen of Jamaica who renders outstanding and important services to Jamaica and upon any distinguished citizen of a country other than Jamaica (an honorary member). The motto of the Order is “Distinction through Service”.